Installation took me about two hours. I worked slowly and
methodically and made only one mistake.
It went pretty much as Shell wrote, with the following exceptions.
The left rear bolt cover doesn't fit very well unless you cut a notch in the
bottom to accommodate the Schroth bracket. I didn't bother to cut it because I expect
little use of the rear seat, so no one is likely to knock it loose.
Removing the driver's seat made things much easier. The right female
receptacle is attached to the seat with TWO bolts; I don't recall Shell's write-up
mentioning this. I had to remove both bolts and the bracket because the spacer behind the
bracket was trapped on the bolt by a rubber washer thinly that prevented the bolt from
pulling through. I couldn't see this until I had removed the seat and took off the side
cover. Once I had the bolts out, I installed the Schroth bracket on the front bolt,
pointing forward. This allowed the seat-belt wiring harness to pass underneath the Schroth
bracket as if this were OEM design. Removing the seat also allowed me to vacuum under
there REALLY well. And there was lithium grease from the seat tracks EVERYWHERE!
Lastly, as Shell mentioned, forget trying to reach the glovebox. The
center dash is JUST in reach and that's it. However, my one trip so far sure felt good.
I've already noticed that I'm not having to brace for turns. Yum yum! Autocross tomorrow,
should be good!